USC men’s tennis scores 4-1 semifinal victory over Arizona to reach Pac-12 title game
Men’s Tennis | April 25, 2021
SAN DIEGO, CALIF. – USC’s No.13 men’s tennis team are in the final of the Pac-12 tournament for the eighth time as the Trojans set off in search of a fifth title after beating Arizona 4-1 in today’s semi-final at the Barnes Tennis Center in San Diego, Calif. The win avenges an earlier loss to the Wildcats and sets USC up for tomorrow’s 3pm title game against Arizona State. Now 19-6 in total, the Trojans are looking to win back-to-back Pac-12 crowns, having won everything in 2019 before the 2020 season was cut short due to the coronavirus pandemic.
USC took their first step in the doubles, again picking up victories on courts one and two to score the game’s first point. Top guns Daniel Cukierman and Riley smith scored a 6-3 win over Arizona’s Hassey / Ziverts, then Stefan Dostanic and Bradley frye kept their 2021 roster blank with a 6-4 win over Wildcat Malbasic / Reguant tandem.
Single action saw # 40 Daniel Cukierman Unearth a quick 6-1, 6-2 win over # 26 Gustaf Strom to pull the Trojans ahead 2-0. Arizona responded when Carlos Hassey edged out USC Jake sands 6-1, 7-6 on court six to bring the score to 2-1, leaving the three sets strong on the other courts. In 3rd place, # 82 Stefan Dostanic turned the tide on Filip Malbasic with a 4-6, 6-3, 6-4 comeback to put USC in position with a 3-1 lead. And coming into the clutch with a three-set comeback was that of USC Bradley frye, who toppled Alejandro Reguant with a 5-7, 7-3, 6-4 decision that put the Trojans to victory.
No. 3 seed USC will face No. 5 seed Arizona State in a championship bout at 3 p.m. Monday, April 26 at the Barnes Tennis Center. The game will be broadcast on Pac-12 Network.
 USC 4,  Arizona 1
April 25, 2021 | Barnes Tennis Center (San Diego, California)
(1) # 14 Cukierman / R. Smith (USC) def. Hassey / Ziverts (ARIZ) – 6-3
(2) Dostanic / Frye (USC) def. Malbasic / Regulating (ARIZ) – 6-4
(3) Jackson / Sands (USC) v Lagaev / Strom (ARIZ) – 4-3 susp.
Order of finishing: 1, 2
USC wins the double point.
(1) # 40 Daniel Cukierman (USC) def. # 26 Gustaf Strom (ARIZ) – 6-1, 6-2
(2) # 36 Riley smith (USC) vs. # 76 Jonas Ziverts (ARIZ) – 6-7, 6-2, 2-5 susp.
(3) # 82 Stefan Dostanic (USC) def. Filip Malbasic (ARIZ) – 4-6, 6-3, 6-4
(4) Bradley frye (USC) def. Alejandro Reguant (ARIZ) – 5-7, 6-3, 6-4 *
(5) Lodewijk Weststrate (USC) v Herman Hoeyeraal (ARIZ) – 7-6, 4-6, 3-2 susp.
(6) Carlos Hassey (ARIZ) beats. Jake sands (USC) – 6-1, 7-6
Finish order: 1, 6, 3, 4 *