Nick Kyrgios accused of assaulting his ex-girlfriend

Australian tennis star Nick Kyrgios was charged with assaulting his former girlfriend Chiara Passari in Canberra late last year and has been summoned to appear in court.

Australian Capital Territory Police confirmed to The Canberra Times that Kyrgios has been charged and will appear in court early next month.

“ACT Policing can confirm that a 27-year-old man from Watson is due to appear in ACT Magistrates Court on August 2 on a charge of common assault following an incident that occurred in December 2021,” said police said Tuesday.

The Canberra Times reported that the charge “relates to an allegation that Kyrgios grabbed former partner Chiara Passari”. If found guilty, he faces up to two years in prison.

Kyrgios’ attorney, Jason Moffett, said his client was aware of the charge.

“It’s in the context of a domestic relationship,” Mr Moffett said. Canberra time.

Kyrgios, known for his wild and often volatile behavior on the tennis court, is currently preparing to face Cristian Garin in the quarter-finals of Wimbledon 2022, which is only the third Grand Slam quarter-final of his nine professional career. year. He made a final Grand Slam quarter-final at the Australian Open in 2015 and made the Wimbledon quarter-finals in 2014.

Australian tennis player Nick Kyrgios, who currently plays at Wimbledon, has been charged with one count of simple assault in an Australian court after he allegedly grabbed his former girlfriend in December 2021. (Photo by Visionhaus/Getty Images)


Source link

Comments are closed.